Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What`s the best practice for Magento to update stock and produts from code

marcelv91

Total Posts:  29

Hi,

I have to integrate my webshop with an external system. This system provides several functionalities, described in their API. This is what I want to do:

- Import/sync products (this is available as CSV via request)
- Update stock of products (also available as webrequest)

So I have to hook into the Magento stock check and I want some script which updates the products like everyday.

Where should I implement my changes? What is the best way to do this? I can imagine Magento already have some API stock functionalities, but can`t seem to find the right documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marcelv91

Total Posts:  29

Brilliant answer!

PS. Taste the sarcasm

No kidding, this shitty community has not helped me even a single time with any of my issues. All commercial shit, advertisers, or totally meaningless answers. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community