Magento Forum

What`s the best practice for Magento to update stock and produts from code

marcelv91

Total Posts:  29

Hi,

I have to integrate my webshop with an external system. This system provides several functionalities, described in their API. This is what I want to do:

- Import/sync products (this is available as CSV via request)
- Update stock of products (also available as webrequest)

So I have to hook into the Magento stock check and I want some script which updates the products like everyday.

Where should I implement my changes? What is the best way to do this? I can imagine Magento already have some API stock functionalities, but can`t seem to find the right documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

What system are you trying to sync Magento with?  Our solution will synchronize inventory as sales are made placed and fulfilled. Inventory displayed on your Magento site will always be up to date so you’re not selling items you no longer have in stock. I’m just not sure if it will help exactly with your system, since I’m not sure what system you are working with.

Darren

1-800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcelv91

Total Posts:  29

Brilliant answer!

PS. Taste the sarcasm

No kidding, this shitty community has not helped me even a single time with any of my issues. All commercial shit, advertisers, or totally meaningless answers. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community