Magento Forum

Downloader not reporting same version I have installed

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

If I go to my downloader, it shows I’m at version 1.2* for all the packages, but if I log in to my admin area it clearly shows 1.3* in the footer, and after I upgraded to 1.3, the downloader showed the packages updated to 1.3, but since then I’ve moved the entire install to a different directory on my server. I just clicked “Check for Upgrades” and it’s showing 1.3.1.1 as being available. I guess I could upgrade from “1.2” to 1.3.1.1, but I’d rather get the downloader sorted out so it’s properly seeing what version I actually have installed. I backed up and removed the pearlib/pear.ini file b/c in another thread someone said if I remove that file the downloader will generate a new one, which it hasn’t.

Any help would be appreciated… I don’t want to screw up the upgrade. Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VK4KBG

Total Posts:  104
Beerwah. Queensland. Australia

Hi,
I am only new here and still struggling with things that should work just fine, I have found the Downloader to be totally un-reliable on 1.3.1.1, missing files and the like. Make sure you have everything backed up on a disk.

I know my reply is negative, but any reply is better than none which also seems to be the norm here.

Oh yes, and Good Luck

Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

Yeah, I think this is my last Magento project. Support is piss poor.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community