Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

is Varien support no longer available for non-enterprise Magento? 

davidd

Total Posts:  10

Just a few weeks ago, I was positive that I could pay Varien for Magento support.

Now that Magento Enterprise Edition has been released, I can’t find the support plans for the opensource version of Magento.

Has Varien suddenly stopped offering paid support for non-Enterprise customers?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Web2Market

Total Posts:  20
Alsip, IL

On the support page they say “...exclusively to Magento Enterprise Edition subscribers...” and “Varien’s Professional Support Services is[sic] available to Enterprise Edition subscribers only.”

I think the new partner agreements encourage partners to take the same stance (encourage clients to start an Enterprise subscription).

You may be able to find non-partners that are willing to sell support of the community edition.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidd

Total Posts:  10

Thanks for the clarification.  If Partners really are being encouraged to push clients towards Enterprise...well, I’m not quite ready to dish out that much more for an ecommerce site.

When I can find an answer in the forums, the answers are usually good, but the interface is slow and “searching” doesn’t always turn up good/relevant results.

I just need to vent a little.  I want everything for free/cheap, although I was willing to pay decent money for one of the “pre-Enterprise” support plans.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community