Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Data Management - Best Way

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

Hi all.
I am trying to put together the best way to import a lot of products and images all at the same time.
I tried to export the magento’s database with headers to a csv to get an idea of how they have it set up and just turn around and drop my data into it and re-upload, but when I export the data I get this error in the path “Could not save file: /var/www/vhosts/puppy-dog-beds.com//all_products”
As you can see it added an extra “/” in the url for some reason and in the relative path I left it blank.
Any ideas of why this is happening and does someone know the best way to get data into Magento?
Thanks Daniel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ns2008

Total Posts:  7

Hi Daniel,
I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?
The same happens when I try to do backup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

I upgraded to the latest version and also uploaded the fix for the import/export function and then left the path with ‘var/data’ where I downloaded the exported data.
Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community