Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add attribute after creating configurable product

mdd

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

In my magento shop I created a series of attributes, a attribute set and put them to be used for a configurable product.
Added simple products with al the combinations of the attributes.
After that I made a configurable product and checked te required attributes.
This works. Al the simple products show up on the Associated Products tab.

But the problem is I need to add another attribute. Creation of the attribute is no problem. And by the simple product it shows up. But on my configurable product by the “Super product attributes configuration” the attribute does not show up.

Is it possible in Magento to add another required attribute after you created te configurable product?

Or is it possible to add in via SQL?

I found the catalog_product_super_attribute* tables. When I add my attribute over there it show up by the “Super product attributes configuration” but then the pricing fields disappear.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mdd

Total Posts:  3

Anybody an idea?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community