Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pear Updates - Will they keep the install clean? 

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

I was wondering exactly how Pear updates will work, especially in regards to keeping files / folders organized. Is it akin to svn in that it will delete old files that are un-needed and rename files that have been renamed and delete the old ones? It would be nice if it actually synced. For example, when 1.0 comes around, and I use Pear to update, will it have old Beta stuff lying around?

Also, how will it handle themes in this regard? I would assume they don’t get overwritten?

I have that same question in regard to svn updates. I have some, but not extensive experience with svn. I am wondering what the best way to go about using it to keep the app itself up to date, but also using it to develop my themes.

Aching for 1.0

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Holtkamp

Total Posts:  4

Mootrealm - 10 March 2008 12:14 PM

I was wondering exactly how Pear updates will work, especially in regards to keeping files / folders organized. Is it akin to svn in that it will delete old files that are un-needed and rename files that have been renamed and delete the old ones?

I was wondering the same thing. A clean install and a PEAR update to 0.8.17240 costs around 120MB, which is a significant amount on my 200MB account. Are there (temporary) folders that can be deleted without messing up my Magento installation?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community