Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products Don’t Show

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I installed the newest beta of Magento and I have added categories and products. The categories show in the navigation bar, but when I click on a category that has an item the item doesn’t show on the page. When I add a new product I no longer see a selection for “Store View” in the left hand column. Also when I add categories I no longer see a store selector dropdown. I know I must be missing something.  How do I set it to show? Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I did a search of the test product I had installed and it came up. So I know that it is added OK. So why doesn’t it show on the product page?
I added everything the same as the last version and that worked OK.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Angus

Total Posts:  16

I also have the same problem, anyone know how to fix it? thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Liam

Total Posts:  9

Don’t be asking such silly questions. Don’t you know that ‘noobies’ and non-techies are persona non grata here? What you need to do is hack into the config-v100.97.0.023.br.php file, remove the header from the squelch function and cd the hash element to ‘dwt’. Save and move to the elements folder, open the mod_rewrite, mod_wrong_write and mod_tiddlesdum files, find the overweg function, run a ping operation to see its unix directory permissions and then change accordingly. After that you need to ensure that your cgi and svn set-ups are correct so run a zero-sum-allow analysis from the command line, change ‘$710%=f(only_dash)’ in the essentials folder to ‘$710%=l(nonly_dash)’ and then run the install again using ‘Alls__On’ in XWindows NOT FTP. Click ‘ok’ to all options on the set-up screen, turn around 3 times while whistling the theme tune to ‘Rocky’, scratch your nose, kick the cat and yell ‘Jaysus’ out the window at passing motorists.

Go to the frontend and reload. Sorted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

@Liam - Haha, I liked your funny post!  smile
While it’s true some things seem a bit complicated at the moment, I think it is due to the fact that it is only beta software.  I think the Magento team care about noobs and non-techies, just it is a LOT of work to make complicated things simple - and Magento is complicated because it has so many features.

@4Alarm Games - I’m not sure what the problem is, because it works for me, and I didn’t do anything special.  I do know that the ‘select store’ option does not show in the latest version if you only have one store (to make it simpler). 

My guess is just to double check the following:
- product is enabled
- in stock
- stock quantity is 1 or more
- ticked in category
- category enabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community