Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
No exits reported in the goal funnel

contactmaan

Total Posts:  4
London

Hi Fooman,

Thanks for the reply. I found the suggestion quite helpful and investigated the top content report. As seen in screengrab 1, I filtered the report for “/checkout/onepage” in order to see all pages that should be part of the funnel (’/checkout/onepage’ being common).

As you will notice from the attached screengrabs (analytics2), google analytics recognise only 2 of the following URLs in top content report:

/checkout/onepage
/checkout/onepage/success/

The first URL (starting point) had 35 pageviews and the goal sucess page i.e. /checkout/onepage/success/ was seen 4 times during the time (more than 36 hours after the conversion). And I still can not see any data except final goal conversion (/checkout/onepage/success/)

It seem to me that the new Magento version i.e. Magento ver. 1.3.2.3 is using different values (e.g. other than /checkout/onepage/opc-billing) during the checkout. Because as seen on the second screengrab none of the URL with “opc” (to find out pages like ‘/checkout/onepage/opc-billing’) appear in the funnel process.

Also, could it be that it is issue with only visitors who register and order for the first time (not already logged-in) since all these orders are from new customers?

Any suggestion and help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vikas

Image Attachments
analytics1.jpganalytics2.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

If you don’t see any pages including opc that means the extension is not yet working as expected. My suggestion would be to use the Firebug extension for Firefox. With an open net tab you will be able to see what GoogleAnalytics events are fired off. Try stepping through your checkout process. After continuing to a new step you should ideally see a new request to GoogleAnalytics.

Magento Community
Magento Community

damian_nik

Total Posts:  10

Hi guys,

Firstly much appreciated for the community contribution Fooman. Was wondering does this extension track the newsletter subscription success message too? If so whats the goal url that I would use?

Regards,
Damian

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Damian,

this extension does not add any additional page views for the newsletter signup. I would suggest combing through your top content report to find the page for the newsletter success. Then use this page for your goal setup.

good luck
Kristof

Magento Community
Magento Community

afmaury

Total Posts:  100

Has anyone figured out how to track newsletter signups as an Analytics Goal?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tim_bezhashvyly

Total Posts:  17

shaunlonghurst - 02 June 2009 10:04 PM

i have gotten the results from my revised funnel and I see the same thing. No exits in funnel path. I’ll look at slimming down the funnel further.

Hi, Shaun.

What did you set as the exact match?

/checkout/onepage/success/

With or without leading and trailing slashes? With or without domain name etc.?
Does this solution helped to anyone else to see funnel exits?

Thank you in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

HI, i installed this and we get 100% for every step after the first step which i know isn’t the case. Is there a solution that makes this mod work ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sc0rp0w

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I installed and noticed that it causes same issue as mentioned in the first post: no exits after billing. I already changed to “exact match” and hope that it will solve the problem(waiting to check tomorrow), but another issue came out after I checked url’s with firebug.

When someone places order as guest it is totally fine, the steps are as follow:
onepage -> opc-billing -> opc-shipping(optional) -> ops-shipping_method -> opc-review ->opc-review_placed -> opc-succes

Problem begins when someone place order while being loged in:
onepage -> onepage -> opc-shipping(optional) -> opc_shipping_method ->opc-review -> opc-review_placed -> opc-success

In other words the tab with billing info is names “onepage/” as well. Could that be caused by some code modifications? If yes, where can I try to fix it? Thanks in advance:).

Regards,
Sc0rp0w

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2