Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Magento Connect Manager - 404 Page Not Found after upgrading to 1.3.0

timpletcher

Total Posts:  12

Changing permissions to 755 worked for mee:

Try changing the permission of: downloader/index.php to 755

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

arevlett

Total Posts:  2

OK, this was a big problem for me too, so for the benefit of others I’ll post how I fixed it. I’m running 1.4 on a Media Temple DV server. I was only able to see a blank page on the Magento Connect page of the admin.

Magento is installed under a subdirectory of my main site. It appears that gives Magento Connect problems. After trying lots of file permission settings on lots of folders, I followed the advice of this thread and created a symlink that makes it appear as if the ‘downloader’ directory runs from the root directory. That command was:
ln -s /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs/store/downloader /var/www/vhosts/yourdomain.com/httpdocs/downloader

My ‘downloader’ directory permissions are 777, but my downloader/index.php permissions are 644 (not sure if this affects anything, but it works for me).

NOW: don’t try to access the downloader in its actual location, use the symlink you set up. So I had to go to mydomain.com/downloader instead of mydomain.com/store/downloader. The page should appear like normal and you should be able to install extensions now. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

mammax

Total Posts:  1

Changing permissions to 755 worked for me too.

Wish I tried this first.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neons

Total Posts:  1

Changing permission for all folders and files under downloader folder to 755 - fix the issue..

Magento Community
Magento Community

nativesons

Total Posts:  2

I tried everything and no luck! Finally decided to try changing permissions on the entire downloader directory - and success! Had to set directory to 755

Magento Community
Magento Community

ctovey

Total Posts:  18
Illinois

Same problem with mine.
Upgraded (Successfully, feels great) from 1.4.1.1 to 1.6.2.0
Downloader 404 error

! went to the downloader folder and changed the permissions to 755 and then also changed the permissions for downloader/index.php to 755

This did the trick.
Works great now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marionnex

Total Posts:  38

All suggestions above work… However, just to complete the step in changing the /downloader folder permission to 755, sometimes you would still see a 404 page. If this happens, go inside the /downloader folder and look for “index.php”, you’ll notice its under permission 0666. Change it to 0644 and it will fix the problem. Same thing that would solve your problem after upgrading your magento and the admin and site is on “500 internal error”.

Thanks you guys. I hope this would help..

Magento Community
Magento Community

artcop

Total Posts:  3

That’s odd. Switching to Joomla was the only thing that worked for me.. couldn’t be happier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickMadd

Total Posts:  3

timpletcher - 22 June 2010 08:43 AM

Changing permissions to 755 worked for mee:

Try changing the permission of: downloader/index.php to 755

Thanks you are a genius!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community