Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can you help me?Why am I so slow magento admin panel? 

hypart

Total Posts:  2

I’m logo in admin panel,it’s also panel very slow?can you help me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

You can help yourself.

Magento admin back-end is extremely javascript heavy. You probbaly need a browser better suited for this JS heavy job.

I switched from FireFox to Opera to find back-end pages load twice as fast. Following a Varien presentation in London where Yoav used K-Meleon, I switched to that browser to find the back-end another 3 times faster.

So all you need to do is download K-Meleon and use that browser to run as your Magento Admin tool of choice and you’ll be much happier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

Is already the login very slow? If yes, how slow? If you have to wait more than 5-10 seconds you might have the problem similar to the one mentioned here (check almost at the bottom):

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/40346/

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

hi You can increase backend performance using asynchronous reindex extension. Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

MPro

Total Posts:  20

Part of the problem can be solved by the extension Catalog Database Accelerator in case if saving the products in the backend takes you too much time. The system needs to make re-indexing of the entire site each time you change the catalog and it makes to work Magento backend extremely slow. With this module a user does not have to manually index the site, to sit and wait - the system itself does the re-indexing in the background mode.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community