Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Navigation buttons missing from homepage

equiplogistics

Total Posts:  57

I have installed the Telescope theme which has worked ok.  However there are no navigation buttons on the homepage.  Is there something really obvious that I’m missing here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

What type of navigation buttons are you looking at? Do you mean to say the categories dropdown?

Magento Community
Magento Community

equiplogistics

Yes the dropdown categories which are shown on the demo of Telescope http://testing.magthemes.com/?___store=telescope

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Actually those categories need to be created by yourself in your Admin backend. This is unless you have the sample data installed before your Magento installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

equiplogistics

I have created categories but they are not showing in the navigation?  Strange

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Have you created the Root Category before creating subcategories under it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

equiplogistics

I have now, thankyou!
I have created some subcategories but they are not showing as dropdowns when hovering. (Do all categorys need at least one product for this to work?)
Also when I click on a category to go to that page I get the following error underneath the product description:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product::getPriceHtml() in /homepages/29/d200714093/htdocs/store/app/design/frontend/TelescopeTheme/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml on line 117

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community