Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Admin password problem

Antonio Mateos

Total Posts:  5

Hi,
We have installed Magento correctly and also we have installed a template bought on a templates site. We have installed the sample data and now we can’t access using the admin password.

Also, we can’t recover it using the admin e-mail because has been setup with a e-mail what doesn’t exist.

What can we do?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You can reset the password manually by editing your database. Open your Magento database in phpMyAdmin, and locate your admin user entry in the ‘admin_user’ table.

Now, go to this page and generate a new MD5 hash sum for your new password:

http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/

Paste the MD5 in the password field in your database record. You should now be able to log in with the new password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrchristoh

Total Posts:  2

hi,

I am having the admin password problem.

1. i inserted my correct details......as you do
2. tried to login = incorrect data....ok
3. retrieve password by email.......3 hrs an still nothing
4. tried the md5 calculator....
5. inserted the new password via phpmyadmin.......nothing has changed.

6. i want 6hrs of my life back..........if that is possible? LOL ....a hint of humour so dont take it too seriously

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sakoen

Total Posts:  3

same problem in here like mrchristoh…

Magento Community
Magento Community

J. Ramon

Total Posts:  12

hello

so far I get to understand, password is not an md5 hash, you can copy the password from magento sample data:

INSERT INTO `admin_user` VALUES (1,’Store’,’Owner’,’owner@example.com’,’admin’,’60c320903e22e3cdd29b614b126941d1:yC’,’2008-08-07 14:39:09’,’2008-12-27 20:51:54’,’2008-12-27 21:05:00’,2,0,1,’N;’);

user is: admin, and password 123123

another way, if your mail server works, is to put a real email account and reset the password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roblesrt

Total Posts:  19

I had the same problem in windows, after some research and testing, I am now able to log in hope the following thread works
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/43148/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrchristoh

thank god i didnt buy this application first

complete waste of time.............DO NOT USE MAGENTO

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

mrchristoh: Well, Magento does work very well for a lot of people so it must be something wrong with your configuration. Are you installing on your local computer or a hosted server? If you install on your computer, please make sure to not use ‘localhost’ as the hostname. Instead use the IP ‘127.0.0.1’ or create a domain entry resolving to your local computer in the ‘hosts’ file. This is because many browsers does not accept cookies from a domain without a ‘.’ (dot).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marco Garcia

Total Posts:  4

Sindre|ProperHost - 25 May 2009 11:07 PM

mrchristoh: Well, Magento does work very well for a lot of people so it must be something wrong with your configuration. Are you installing on your local computer or a hosted server? If you install on your computer, please make sure to not use ‘localhost’ as the hostname. Instead use the IP ‘127.0.0.1’ or create a domain entry resolving to your local computer in the ‘hosts’ file. This is because many browsers does not accept cookies from a domain without a ‘.’ (dot).

This worked for me !!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zella

Total Posts:  8
UK

Sindre|ProperHost - 18 May 2009 12:09 AM

You can reset the password manually by editing your database. Open your Magento database in phpMyAdmin, and locate your admin user entry in the ‘admin_user’ table.

Now, go to this page and generate a new MD5 hash sum for your new password:

http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/

Paste the MD5 in the password field in your database record. You should now be able to log in with the new password.

Just wanted to say thanks for this - it worked first time for me and I’ve never seen the inside of a database before!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brett Lewis

Total Posts:  10

Deleting the cookies has worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tadwestie

Total Posts:  12

I have just installed Magento on a subdomain of a host gator server.  After the installation, I could go to the front end or the backend, I copied the number down, I thought that I had right user name and password I set up the same ones for my cpanel in host gator, now first I cannot find the link to get to the backoffice, this is a subdomain of the main domain.  I thought I found the magento store log in but it is the demo store.  Help can you get me to the link of my back office?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bbkgr

Total Posts:  3

thx, that’s work for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ubunter

Total Posts:  104
Madrid

Hello,
My question that I’m installing in local server, with new and fresh installation under Ubuntu 10.4.

So I installed magento, and got the welcome message to go to front or back… the front work ok, in the back the admin credentials don’t work, and I think I can’t recover by mail because the SMTP are not configured yet, so the mail will not go out.

So,
I request in PhpMyAdmin as: SELECT * FROM admin_user; then I got my admin password entry encrypted under my custom encryption key, which I set during the installation process…

So; I quired: UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(’qXpassword’), ‘:qX’) WHERE username=’admin’; where I put my new password into ‘qXpassword’, and I change the admin user to my own one…

But it’s not working… I tried to generate a pass from md5, and place it directly into the admin field in the database, but it’s not working also....

What’s wrong going theire?? dose it something wrong into database connection? Because in remote VPS it was working like charm, and never had such as problems…

HELPPPPP

Magento Community
Magento Community

magebassi

India

In order to change your Magento admin password please open phpMyAdmin, select Magento’s database, open the query window and paste this query:

UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(’sGnewpass’), ‘:sG’) WHERE username=’AdminUsername’;

Note: You have to change only *newpass* in the *MD5(’sGnewpass’)* to the password you would like to have.

Like if you want to change password as “ admin “ then paste this query :

UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(’sGadmin’), ‘:sG’) WHERE username=’AdminUsername’;

Magento Community
Magento Community

dey00

Total Posts:  4

I have the same problem. Use another browser.  I use Firefox and i can enter

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2