Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

TROUBLE UPDATING TO 0.8.17240

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

TROUBLE UPDATING TO 0.8.17240

OK Magento Guys,

I am trying to update to the new 0.8.17240 thru the ADMIN - MANAGE EXTENSIONS - UPDATE ALL AVAILABLE PACKAGES:

here is the output attached in this message ... What needs to be done?

Thanks

Peter Tufan
http://www.asktp.com

File Attachments
0817420error.txt  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 125)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

My Understanding, is that until 1.0 the recommended way to upgarde is clean install only. Says that on their web site also.

Here is a quote from Moshe, one of the team emembers when I asked about upgrading…

I would:
1. leave your existing copy of files and database.-- Ny personal note-- save the entire installation elssewher if you can, as you will need certain folders that have images, your changes etc and wipe out the current htdocs, all of its contents, then upload new upgrade files, run install.php
2. Create a copy of your database
3. Create new Magento installation connected to the cloned database,
4. Copy your changes (which should be separate files smile ) to new copy
5. Resolve incompatibilities.

then my own notes. This all went well going from 0.7 to 0.8

images are in **htdocs/media/catalog

in **skin/images
body_bg.gif
logo.jpg and gif jpg not used
main_bg.gif
main_container_bg.gif
header_top_bg.jpg
header_top_container_bg.jpg

**/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Page/etc/config.xml (Welcome to Epeicure Cookware etc)--delete /var/cache
**D:\Sites\EpicureCookware\htdocs\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\callouts\right_col.phtml
**D:\Sites\EpicureCookware\htdocs\skin\frontend\default\default\images\media\col_left_callout.jpg
yes left_callout is correct, though its on the right?? its the cust svc 24x7 pic

some ofo those notes apply to my specifics, but the general paths etc are correct.  Hope that helps some.
I have yet to try same on this latest upgrade but suspect the same method will be fine. Fingers crossed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Total Posts:  171

petertufan,

Magento has said the PEAR packages are not available for the latest release yet. They will be available in a few days. You should then be able to install the PEAR packages.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/magento-0817240-available-for-download

Magento Community
Magento Community

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

Thanks to all - I did the manual update and I got it love back with the new version .. now if I can get back all my translations that are missing in the romanian page .. it would be a big help ... I did import everything from my original backup .... hmmm let’s see ...

Well at least is live and works with 0.8.17240 ...

Peter

http://www.asktp.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Thats good to hear. I am about to make the plunge myself.  Youor translations must be somewhere that you just have missed bringing in.  maybe a grep from ssh command line wiill help locate them, if you are using linux.  grep for some phrase that you know exists in the transaltions and it will tell you the path and page that has that phrase

Magento Community
Magento Community

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

now the pear packages are available and i were able to update - the packagemanagement telling me i have version 0.8.17240 but somehow nothing changed and i am still at version 0.7.15480

it seems that the updatescripts were not executed… - is there a way to do that manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community