Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
where I can find best magento templates and services ? 

christinamk

Total Posts:  15

yeah , everybody know about templatemonster.com is great site then others.  so no need to explain more.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Theme Exchange

Total Posts:  12
United States, New York

I think chinesedream does a fantastic job, there’s a lot of attention to detail in his work. Most templates focus on the main page, the category, and the product page-- if you look close enough, he took his work to another level covering the remaining pages and elements.

Hes been quite helpful in this community over the years too, hes answered a lot of my questions during the toughest developing times. He has my respect. Best of luck to you.

@chetanmaisuria, you have to focus on what’s given and not offered. I’m not saying Template Monster has a bad selection, they have wonderful work, but it’s honestly too flashy for someone experienced like me. If I were to purchase their template, I’m obviously going to replace their ‘temporary’ photos with my own and by doing so-- the design will lose a lot of its quality.

I think as far as their marketing strategy goes, they are doing an amazing job. By using high-quality photos, customers are easily distracted and lose a lot of usability focal points. Not to mention, many of their designs might even require a designer to assemble and replace everything at additional cost (which I’m sure they offer). I think for someone to say Template Monster is the ‘best’ place to get a Magento theme just demonstrates their success in convincing you the quality that may not even be there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinamk

Total Posts:  15

Check magento themes here with good quality and prices : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/filter/all/design

Magento Community
Magento Community

jstnmarsh

Total Posts:  3

I remember a friend of mine had a same query and somebody recommend him “magesupport”. If you never had the opportunity to trade with them, try it once.

Magento Community
Magento Community

traceofwind

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I too found design/layout inconsistencies across several HelloThemes templates.

But most alarming of all, is twofold;

1.) The lack of SEO practices
2.) The lack of design consistency

1.) Browse through their templates. Go on. Almost all of the product links (from the fancy homepage) are exempt of text links. Images maybe worth a thousand words, but not to a search engine! 

2.) As another poster offered, design consistency and effort dramatically drops beyond the front page. While the front pages across the templates look well at first glance, the product and category (et al) pages beyond are decidedly amateur by comparison.

Combined with what’s being said here -header tags all over the place -SEO seems to be a complete miss regarding Hellothemes.

Magento is a fantastic platform, but really, where are all of the professional templates?

Thanks for reading

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

Theme Exchange

Total Posts:  12
United States, New York

Making a ‘complete’ Magento theme covering each individual area takes several weeks of development. There’s just too many things to design and update; I guess from a designer’s perspective it would feel like reinventing the wheel. I have to agree that past the homepage, category, and product page, there really isn’t much design involved (this goes for many theme providers out there, including us). I think if people really want an in-depth template, they’d run for more than $100 - $150 to as high as $400 - $500.

Don’t forget that each stock photo used in a template can run at $250 each for license fees. That’s a pretty big initial investment on a template nobody would even want in the end.

Theme Exchange is going to try and make search engine optimized and design consistent themes in the coming months, hopefully we’ll satisfy your needs at an affordable price. It’s a tough market. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Commative

Total Posts:  130
XXX

Get the best professional Magento themes at Magentist.com!

Magentist.com has amazing Magento themes made by a great team of Magento experts. We’re constantly making new and better themes, so keep in touch and check back for more!

Give us a try.  You’ll like what you find.

Magento Themes by Magentist

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2