Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create 2nd admin account to backend

RonP

Total Posts:  2

I need to be able to add my client to the store back end. I can’t seem to find information on this in my searches.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

System > Permissions > Users > Add new user wink

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

Related issue: How would I go about adding users that have access to only certain products? For instance, I would like to have multiple stores, where each store’s prices could be managed independently by separate users where each user could only modify one store’s prices. Is there a way to do this with Magento’s basic functionality?

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

Total Posts:  94
New Zealand

Once an admin user is added.. how do you add a password for them? and what is with the API key for a user?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

@ Zerg164 : Afaik this is not possible with the community version of Magento. The enterprise version can do that, so it must be possible to implement that somehow, but I have not seen any freely available solution yet.

@unfeasible: It looks like you tried to add a user for the webapi instead of a user for the backend. To add a user for the backend go to
System > Permissions > Users > Add new user

(you apparently went to System> Web Services > Users, which is for api, not for the admin backend)

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

Thanks for the tip.
See here for information on my work around

Magento Community
Magento Community