Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I disable base64 in php,while running magento. 

DSGVS

Total Posts:  10

Can I disable base64 in php,while running magento.
Recently website always been php injected with base64_encode( stuff, So I just disabled base64 function of php. And find magento is fine and running, except for search function at backend admiin.
And seem it\\\’s only a littler slow for page load speed for front end clients. ( I can take that a little speed slow compare to more secure shop) I see no drawback for frontend end clients.

Does anyone have suggestions?
As I find a lot of base64_encode($ string is used by lib/Zend and etc....

Simple question, can I just disable base64 function in php to run magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Some parts of Magento may depend on base64_decode, I am not sure, but you should rather address the real problem. Sounds like you have some insecure/vulnerable script on your server which the hacker can use to inject code into your site. Do you have any other script installed beside Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community