Just wanted to let someone know that you lost another user of your product.
I was on version 220.127.116.11
- I tried for - d a y s - to copy my production site to my localhost (desktop) and ran into nothing but problems. I - n e v e r - got it up and running.
- The upgrade path sucks extremely bad meaning all production customizations get wiped out back to the Demo store. Talk about asinine - this should have - n e v e r - been released to the public this way.
- When I tried to upgrade my production store to 1.3.1 - e v e r y t h i n g - broke. I could not even login to Admin.
- In your documentation, you say to setup a test site - but - your product does not lend itself to be duplicated easily - hosted and/or locally.
- The functions you need to use - ()popen - and - SSH shell - gave my host a fit. I had to beg and plead to get the ()popen function turned on. And - n e v e r - got access to SSH shell.
- For a non-developer, customization sucks too. EVERYTHING that needs to be tweaked to go from a demo store to test/production - s h o u l d - be able to be done with - s i m p l e - editing. Especially editing that you - n o t - need to know raw XML statements. The WYSIWYG editor worked right about 50% of the time.
The above points forced me to abandon Magento - not to mention - lost sales because to checkout did not work right with Google and Paypal.
Other than the above points, you have a G R E A T product.
I hope whoever gets this, passes this on and takes it to heart, because I really like the product,