Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Strange login problem (not a new install)

d33no

Total Posts:  5

Hi

All of a sudden I can no longer log into the backend of my store. I get as far as entering my user and pass and hitting submit but then after what seems like years I get this error....

Redirect Loop
Redirection limit 
for this URL exceeded.

The above is the error given in Firefox and Opera gives this....

The URL was redirected to /index.php/administrator/report/?id=821298863&s;=adminPlease click the link to go there.

When I click the link Opera gives me I end up being given a similar link but with a slightly different number.

I’d appreciate any suggestions as this is a live store and at the moment things are not looking good. The store version I’m running is 1.1.8. I made an sql dump of my database this morning but surely that wouldn’t screw the backend up would it?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community