Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to deploy magento on AWS

remote000

Total Posts:  1

I am trying to deploy magento on AWS, and get in trouble with some questions.
In terms of this implementation,take small instance for admin and NFS/media/ storage, 2x Large instances for WEB, CDN, Load balancer, RDS.
my questions is:
1)what contents do CDN offload? (are they skin, JS/CSS and media?)
2)what’s the origin of CDN, Is it S3 or 2X Large instances of WEB? 
3)If the origin is S3, How to synchronize content between S3 and 2X Large instances of WEB?
4)If the origin is 2X Large instances of WEB, the CDN doesn’t support two origin
5)Can I use S3FS to mount S3 bucket to mount to the 2X Large instances of WEB? It seems when add new instances of WEB, the bandwidth will degrade.
any response will be appreciate. Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

1) it can be any or all of these combinations
2-5) that is complex, normally admin

A multi-server cluster is complex anyway, add AWS and you are in a very special group. This type of setup costs $1,000/mth+, we did not create it ourselves, we have access to this environment designed by some others, the interaction between all the compenents needs to be exact otherwise it does not work and very few have done it, that is why Nexcess Magento clusters are $2,000/mth+.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community