After trying a few times, here’s what I come up with:
- Using an FTP program to upload is a bad idea. I used FileZilla, and it was unable to upload all files for the magento installation. Several folders deep into the hierarchy could not be uploaded.
- So then I tried installing via SSH:
- The full version did not work (both the front and backend had errors similar to many other posts):
- However, the lite version did install for me. I suggest creating a new db and new directory for a new installation of the lite version through SSH.
exception 'Mage_Eav_Exception' with message 'Invalid attribute requested: name' in /mnt/gs00/herd00/00000/domains/domainname.com/html/test/magento/app/Mage.php:290