Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

promotions keep turning themselves off

moomarketing

Total Posts:  10

Magento 1.3.1 - Promotions

I am the developer of a site www.showers-taps.co.uk, the site has a fair few products in it (~4000), there are four types of promotion setup, all catalog price rules, that are category dependant.

The problem is the promotions keep automatically turning off and require re-applying, please can someone shed some light as to what is going on here????

long face

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ncotrona

Total Posts:  161

I am a developer for www.sumppumpsusa.com and we are running into the same problem on our end....  To date, we have not seen a fix.  We physically have to go into any one of our campaigns every other day and simply open one and save it and it triggers all campaigns to start running again.

If we get any fix or feedback on our end, we will be sure to let you know… Please do the same....

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

To make catalog rules work consistently, you must set up a cron job on your server to reapply them automatically. There are loads of discussions of this on this site if you search “cron job,” but I will try to find you the thread that finally sorted it out for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Here you are. This should help both of you out.

How to Set Up a Cron Job

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community