Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Should I use Magento? 

option

Total Posts:  10

This is more of a “should I” vs a “How to”.

I have an upcoming project that requires some eCommerce integration. However, we will not be needing a full fledged catalog and shopping cart. Basically, we’ll be selling 1 main physical product with various upsells or one time offers. Now, my question is, would I be better off developing a one off backend for this site or would Magento do the job and then some for me? The backend of Magento is amazing and would save me a ton of time. But I’m afraid it may be overkill for the frontend and I’ll spend too much time trying to simplify it.

Does anyone in the Magento community have any experience with a project like this? Any suggestions or examples of a sites I could look at that went down a similar path?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LeftWing

Total Posts:  3

I would think for the future. Magento has a great community that will only continue to get larger, and while it might be “overkill” now, soon you may want to sell more products, or offer more configuration choices, and then find out that your current system just cannot keep up with you anymore.

I would give it a try when the RC1 comes out! wink

--LeftWing

Magento Community
Magento Community

option

Total Posts:  10

That’s what I was thinking. I’ve also thought about using it just for payment processing with static landing pages on a secured URL.

I know the RC1 release is expected in Q1, but is there an exact date yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community