Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integration with internal applications

yess.padilla.r

Total Posts:  2

Hi.

I work for a company that offers services online (sort of an add page company).  We have our own customers tables.  The data in those tables are used by us to segmentate as well as to validate login and so on, and we are reviewing some e-commerce platforms in order to ease up our discount policy.
I want to know if magento can use product and customer data from external databases, and if it is possible to define discounts, promotions and stuff according to a segmentation defined in our tables rather than in magento’s tables.

I would really appreciate your help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Magento has a nice XML API http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/magento_core_api , but i do not think that the API alone (without customizations) could solve your problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community