Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying same level categories in left nav menu

seedeg

Total Posts:  85

Hi,

I need to organise the left menu. I was working with the layered navigation but this just shortens down the criteria from which items to shop for. What I need is to have a left menu which will display the other categories of the one that has been chosen. Basically, to understand better, lets say I have this category structure:

MEN
-> Shaving foam
-> Perfume
-> Shampoo

WOMEN
-> Make-up
-> Shaving Cream
-> Moistiruzer

What I want to accomplish is quite simple. If I navigate to Perfume, a left menu will be shown which will contain the MEN subcategories, ie:

Shaving foam
Perfume
Shampoo

and he would be able to click on one of them and redirect to their page (unlike what happens in layered navigation).

I managed to accomplish a similar functionality which displays the subcategories but this only works when you click on a top level category, like MEN or WOMEN. If you click on a subcategory, like Shaving foam, it doesn’t work.

Please can someone tell me how can i do this??

Thanks for any response in advance.

Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community