Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Credit system - for digital photo site. 

pidan

Total Posts:  12

I am looking to use Magneto to sell digital photographs as these photographs generally only sell small about - its not really feasible to use a payment gateway to process these transactions, as the cost of making the transaction will be comparable to the profit on the item.

As a result I was thinking about a credit system - where the user would buy $10 of credit via a payment gateway - which would correlate to 1000 store tokens, that could then be used to buy photos, and purchases could be managed internally without involving the gateway.

Other than Magneto Enterprise - is there anything out there that does something like this?

Or would this be particularly hard to develop? - Could have a middle tier in-between gateway and magneto that manages tokens?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kdeelstra

Total Posts:  14

pidan - 14 May 2009 01:09 AM

I am looking to use Magneto to sell digital photographs as these photographs generally only sell small about - its not really feasible to use a payment gateway to process these transactions, as the cost of making the transaction will be comparable to the profit on the item.

As a result I was thinking about a credit system - where the user would buy $10 of credit via a payment gateway - which would correlate to 1000 store tokens, that could then be used to buy photos, and purchases could be managed internally without involving the gateway.

Other than Magneto Enterprise - is there anything out there that does something like this?

Or would this be particularly hard to develop? - Could have a middle tier in-between gateway and magneto that manages tokens?

bump: same question here. Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

needtool

Total Posts:  53

We have a prepaid module supports your needs.
Our contact info: cs@needtool.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

heinrich

Total Posts:  18

Have you found a solution? I need the same functionality for my shop.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community