Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magentocommerce.com offline -> site admin sloooooow

Fera

Total Posts:  24

I noticed magentocommerce.com was offline, during this time my admin was really really slow. I don’t mind if magento contacts magentocommerce.com, but I do mind this having this much effect on the speed if the website cannot be reached.

Can this be fixed by myself or will there be something done about this? Why is magentocommerce.com being checked at every page load?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

If is the admin notifications that try to connect to magentocommerce - once for the information and once (weirdly enough) for the .swf file that is used for displaying the latest message as a popup when you login at your admin interface.

At least on my system (where I admittedly messed around with lots of stuff), disabling the admin notification module in the configuration does not help at all, so you either have to live with it or tweak the php files handling the admin notifcation.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community