Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“$string” parameter for simplexml_load_string is empty error

fermium1

Total Posts:  3

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Is it a permission problem? I’ve restored my website 3 times in the last 2 days due to this stupid error and I’m getting pretty sick of the problem. Any help here at all? All I did was add a picture to a category page and my site went down. Little extreme I think. Here’s my error, please help!

“$string” parameter for simplexml_load_string is empty
Trace:
#0 /public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(498): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadString(’’, ‘Mage_Core_Model...’)
#1 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(501): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadFile(’/home4/chrisui4...’)
#2 /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(163):  Mage_Core_Model_Config->_loadDeclaredModules(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Base))
#3/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(242): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#4/public_html/app/Mage.php(432): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /public_html/app/Mage.php(453): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#6/public_html/index.php(53): Mage::run()
#7 {main}

In #1, What file is it trying to load?

Why would my “$string” parameter be empty? What is my parameter?

Thanks in advance and quick reply!

Here is my error log from the cpanel:

/home4/chrisui4/public_html/downloader/error_log: [13-May-2009 11:48:57] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1195 Stack trace: #0 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(70): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore() #2 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(154): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start(NULL) #3 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(53): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init(’admin’, NULL) #4 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php(51): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->init(’admin’) #5 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(968): Mage_Admin_Model_Session->__construct(Array) #6 /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(’ad in /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1195 [13-May-2009 11:49:01] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /home4/chrisui4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1195

I am using the latest version of Magento: 1.31 and I did run a magento check on the server: all was ok

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community