Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect Loading Forever? 

nicZcool

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,
Straight to the point, everytime i try installing extension in Magento Connect Manager; The console display “Please wait, preparing for updates...”.
I already wait for more than 10 minutes long but there’s no sign something working..
I try it with different browser, but no luck..
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

This usually indicates a problem with your server, for example PHP timeout issues. Are you on a dedicated server or a hosted plan?

Magento Community
Magento Community

R-Kartperformance

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I saw this post is three weeks old, does this mean its resolved. If so would someone please be so kind as to post the solution.
We’ve got a simulair problem:

Connect wil load forever trying to instal an extension.  In response to the Q of host provider; we run on a host package (not dedicated).

thank you for yor time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

The problem is on the server side. Get the provider to fix it for you, or change provider if you want to use Magento Connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R-Kartperformance

Total Posts:  2

Thank you,

I’ll contact the provider. If the problem doesnot get solved, we’ll swith.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefetrucki

Total Posts:  4

I have a freehost and I don’t think it’s possible to change it, but is there a way to use the connector anyway

I mean I think the Server blocks that the script installs stuff from another Server, so is it possible to upload the files and install them local?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community