Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downloaded Blue Theme, installed, now what? 

BeTheDance

Total Posts:  12

I installed the Blue theme, but I would expected to see the new files. Nothing there. Can’t reinstall, says it’s installed. How do I configure it? Really seems like the files are MIA.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

The blue skin is not a complete skin, is just the static content (css, js, images).
You need to change the store desing, but onlyt fill the Skin (Images / Css) field, with “blue”.
The other fields can be empty or set with “default”.
The Blue skin cames with Magento, you don’t really need to download it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Also remember to clear the cache from System -> Cache Management for the changes to appear on the frontend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BeTheDance

Total Posts:  12

I’m not in production yet, so my cache was good, but thanks.

Damián Culotta - 13 May 2009 06:40 AM

The blue skin is not a complete skin, is just the static content (css, js, images).
You need to change the store desing, but onlyt fill the Skin (Images / Css) field, with “blue”.
The other fields can be empty or set with “default”.
The Blue skin cames with Magento, you don’t really need to download it.

Brilliant. Thanks. That worked. Did I miss the documentation for that somewhere? Not sure why it’s featured as an extension if it’s already included.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

You can consider as an extensión for previous versions, that doesn’t include the skin.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community