Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Frontend: Customer cannot add or edit address

UGD

Total Posts:  22

Customers cannot add or edit addresses in there accounts. I have tried almost everything I can think of. Custom theme is set like this backend setting: System>Configuration>General>Design>Themes>Default="MyTheme". If I revert this setting to Default then customers can add and edit addresses in their frontend accounts. So I tried leaving the setting at “MyTheme” but removed all my custom files from:
app>design>frontend>default>"MyTheme" and
skins>frontend>default>"MyTheme"
After that the problem still persisted so I am to believe that there is a setting in some core files that are set specifically to default theme but I have no clue where to change this at.

Please help!!

Thank you!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Which version of Magento you made that theme?

If it’s v1.8 or early, then you are probably missing the formkey in various files (files that have form), including a formkey.phtmlp in the template/core folder. Missing the these files not just resulting addresses not editable but the OPC too if my memory serves me right.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/upgrading_magento_themes_for_the_latest_releases

Look for “Magento 1.1.7, 1.1.8 to 1.2 Theme changes” section. If you made heavy modification in your theme, best is to manually compare each modified file than using automated diff method .

Magento Community
Magento Community

UGD

Total Posts:  22

This continued issue appears to have nothing to do with ‘older’ files. I have continued to experiment with my problem. I removed ALL of my theme files from my two theme folders in apps and skins, then replaced those files with direct copies of the current updated files from the default theme into ‘MyTheme” folder.

At this point I assumed this would work, since if I change my System-configuration setting to the default theme it works perfectly. But to my surprise, even copying these correct working files into “MyTheme” folder, setting “MyTheme” as default in System-Configuration and then proceeding to attempt address changes and additions on the frontend still does not work.

Obviously at this point the problem is not will my theme files, they aren’t even loaded on my website server now. Where else should I look in my files to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community