Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 12 of 12
WYSIWYG for CMS

seanzyville

Total Posts:  3

Hi, can this work in the product description? Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jbova

Total Posts:  42
New Ringgold, PA, USA

Yes, if the instruction are followed, it will work in the product description, product short description, CMS static blocks, and CMS pages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seanzyville

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was reading the wiki you made and it was updated last January 9, 2010. Did you have any feedback that this also worked on the latest version of magento? Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbova

New Ringgold, PA, USA

I haven’t gotten any feedback about that yet, but you can be the first. If you run into problems, I’m sure some adjustments can be made.
Thanks,
Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community

farisR

Total Posts:  6
Gelnhausen, Germany

I use magento 1.3.2.3 and tiny mce 3.3.2

i have followed all steps in wiki, but there is nothing happen. everything is still working. it’s just the tiny mce didn’t show

then I do some modification

in the following file

app/design/adminhtml/default/myadmintheme/template/page/head.phtml

I add a little script closing tag so it looks like this

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

window.onload = function() {

if(document.getElementById('page_content')){

if(document.getElementById('page_content').value == ''){
      document
.getElementById('page_content').value "<p>Page Content</p>";

}
  }
}
</script>
<?php 
echo $this->helper('core/js')->getTranslatorScript() ?>

and in this file

app/code/local/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Editor.php

I found something different

//<![CDATA[
                setTimeout(function(){
                tinyMCE
.init({
                        mode 
"exact",

theme "advanced",

strict_loading_mode "true",

elements "'.$element.'",

strict_loading_mode "true",

theme_advanced_toolbar_location "top",

theme_advanced_toolbar_align "left",

theme_advanced_path_location "bottom",

extended_valid_elements "a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|onmouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]",

theme_advanced_resize_horizontal "false",

plugins "inlinepopups,style,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras",//,zoom,layer,preview

theme_advanced_buttons1 "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",

theme_advanced_buttons2 "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",

theme_advanced_buttons3 "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,|,visualchars,nonbreaking",//insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute

theme_advanced_resizing "false",

apply_source_formatting "true",

convert_urls "false",

force_br_newlines "true",

doctype \'<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">\'

});

},1000)

//]]>

</script>';

/*plugins : "inlinepopups,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras",
                theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
                theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
                theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
                theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,|,visualchars,nonbreaking"*/

do you notice the comment below the closing script tag?. its almost the same as the code that I write under

theme_advanced_resize_horizontal "false",
it’s just in a different place
so i try to delete the code for plugins etc, and then I uncomment the code below it.

now, on my admin -> cms -> any page
it shows nothing. not even a default text area

did i do something wrong?
please help anybody

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbova

New Ringgold, PA, USA

farisR,

You were correct that the </script> tag was missing in the head.phtml changes. I have updated the Wiki.

I assume that the theme_advanced_resize_horizontal change that you are talking about is a change in your version. It should all work the same.

Do you have this site up somewhere that we can view it to debug the javascript?

Have you cleared the files in your server’s cache folder and reloaded the pages?

Have you used Firebug to make sure that the javascript is being loaded without errors?

Thanks,
Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community

farisR

Total Posts:  6
Gelnhausen, Germany

hi Jim,

for theme_advanced_resize_horizontal, i mean take look at one line below it
from

plugins \"...\"
theme_advanced_buttons3 \"...\"

and then take a look at below the closing script tag
I found a similar looking code in comment.

so my question is where should I put the code
one line below theme_advanced_resize_horizontal? or one line below closing script tag?

I have done both and the results were:
- If I put it below theme_advanced_resize_horizontal, It didn\’t load
- If I put it below closing script tag, all of my cms page is empty

1. http://bocado.de/magento/agb
I will use that page as my main page. its still under construction. I will move it to another server when its done

2.my company use firefox 3.0.18, I can\’t install firebug because it works only in firefox 3.6 and up and to update it i have to contact my admin. which is a hard work to do. so I dont know whether the javascript have error or not

3. can you tell me where the folder cache is? do I have to delete the cache manually? because usually i just have to go to admin -> system -> cache management and then choose refresh and it works. (currently i disabled all my cache)

do you have another suggestion for me?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbova

New Ringgold, PA, USA

Faris,

I understand what you mean about the code below “theme_advanced_resize_horizontal”. You will want to leave the section that section commented out. That is a list of plugins available to the editor. However, the code we put in above it, selects only those plugins that have been proven to work.

so my question is where should I put the code
one line below theme_advanced_resize_horizontal? or one line below closing script tag?

You should put the code in directly below the “theme_advanced_resize_horizontal” line. If you were to place it below the comment, then it would be outside of both the function, and the </script> tag.

my company use firefox 3.0.18, I can’t install firebug because it works only in firefox 3.6 and up and to update it i have to contact my admin. which is a hard work to do. so I dont know whether the javascript have error or not

You can install Firebug with 3.0.18. You just cannot install the most recent version. Check this page:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/1843#version-1.4.5

can you tell me where the folder cache is? do I have to delete the cache manually? because usually i just have to go to admin -> system -> cache management and then choose refresh and it works.

You should be fine clearing your cache that way. The cache folder is located in var/cache , relative to your Magento installation. You would want to delete the contents of this directory, but not the directory itself.

Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community

Foster1968

Hi,

i found a nice free extension to solve the problem called Redactor WYSIWYG.

Take a look at : 

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 12 of 12