Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

403 Error Changing the Default Country in Default Config

infradawn

Total Posts:  24
White Peak UK

Hi All,

I raised bug #3065 re: 403 Error Changing the Default Country in Default Config. The problem appeared in 0.8.16100. The ticket is now marked closed and I’m still getting the problem in 0.8.17240.

System -> Configuration -> General -> Countries Options (Current Config Scope: Default Config). The page shows:
The Default country is “United States” and
Allow counties is “All countries are selected”

Making no changes and clicking on Save Config gives this error:
403 - “You don’t have permission to access /magento/index.php/admin/system_config/save/section/general/ on this server.”

If repeated, but in Allow countries “Lesotho” is deselected all is ok. (Deselecting any other combination of countries doesn’t work). Can’t try it out in the demo store (http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com) because System -> Configuration is locked down.

Wierd but there it is!

What’s going on with Lesotho? And why was 3065 closed without comment?

Thanks

iD

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

infradawn

Total Posts:  24
White Peak UK

I guess since I can’t find any other reference to this problem it may be environmental. I’d like to test that. If anyone’s up for it can you check to see what behaviour you get?

From the Admin console: System -> Configuration -> General -> Countries Options (Make sure the Current Config Scope says “Default Config"). Leave the Default Country at whatever it is and for Allow Countries select all countries. Click Save Config.

Thanks

iD

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienn95

Total Posts:  38
Latvia

Same problem on my new shop. Additionally cant change Store Information. Version 1.4.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community