Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Small number of products not showing in all categories they belong to on the front end - back end appears fine

jenniferu

Total Posts:  5
SF, CA

Back end is fine. Products are enabled, inventory set, etc. 

About 46 of my products belong to a category that will not show up in the main category, but still show up in the sub categories (weirdism).  I checked to make sure they are all enabled, etc.  The are 4 items that do show up in the main category though, so I don’t know why the other 46 wont.

To explain, go to www.see-me-strip.com (it is an adult toy store - no bad viruses or anything there).  The main category links include all the products in their sub-categories.  But the second category listing called “Fetish Toys” is not showing all 50 items that are there...just 4.  I can’t explain why…

Things I have tried so far:
- refreshing cache
- clearing temp folders
- creating a new category

I cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Any assistance or direction would be great.  I haven’t changed any xml files and the only php file I changed was right_col.phtml.

The products that should appear in the main category of “fetish toys” are also listed in “body jewelry” and “anal toys”, so I can at least see the products that SHOULD be showing up in the “fetish toys” category.

As a side note, I did upload the products, but I don’t know that this will help the solution.

Thank you in advance.

Jennifer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DaveDurlan

Total Posts:  23

Oo la la!

Your categories sound much more exciting than the ones I’m working on. Regardless, I’m having similar issues with my boring categories. 

Have you come up with anything?  I have other questions too but I’m restraining myself from further comment.  zipper

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community