Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Need hosting alternative to simplehelix

SiteSmart

Total Posts:  52
Orlando, FL

Simple Helix has been great for me, no complaints here.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sean US

Total Posts:  58

Simple Helix is very bad.
I am having major problems with them. Seems that they had some problems with the servers this week and for a about 2 days, their servers where up and down every 5 minutes. At the meantime I had an issue and contacted them 2 days before their own problems started till 3 days after and they responded extremely slow while their responds are not even logic. It seems once a ticket gets longer the support does not read the history and just responds based on the question that started the ticket. Thats just waste of time.

sean

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsimon

Total Posts:  14

No complaints until today (approx 6 months use), other than having to jump through hoops to avoid script timeouts when running layered nav cache update (40,000 products).
But an SQL query to truncate the product tables (script was posted on Magento Forum) appeared to hang the database. 5 back and forth tickets over 3 hours were prompt, but seemed to show that the respondent at the Helix end hadn’t checked fully (more than a few ‘it’s fixed messages, when a simple look at MySQL Manager would have shown the system still hanging).
Finally support kicked the problem to an Admin (’SQL is having a problem coming back online with the server...I’ve got an admin looking at it now, give me a bit and I’ll get back with you when we get it working.’).
Well almost immediately, our login was disabled and our site page now reads - “This account has been suspended.
Either the account is being moved to a new server, or the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.”.
That was about 8 hours ago…
We have no cPanel access, no FTP access, no access to backups. All messages posted since remain unreplied to. If we had been warned (or even left FTP access), we could have put together our own ‘site down’ page.
The ‘suspended’ notice could easily result in customer panic and credit card chargeback claims, leaving aside our goodwill. As we pointed out, removing all access to our account and then disappearing is totally unacceptable.
Now Helix may be thinking ‘what’s a $29/month client’? Well we had already asked about opening further parallel accounts and we were close to our data limit and would have upgraded to the Max plan. Needless to say, Helix will need to make a major atonement to keep us - let alone expend our presence.
The very reason we are on this forum is to find alternatives.
If you are looking, ask about *genuine* 24/7 support, ask what the suspended page looks like, ask whether access is available even if the SQL part fails.
That’s what we are doing right now…
Maybe we will have a new host by the time Helix gets back to us.

24 hours later and all they have to say is that they will try to give us access to FTP while they restore SQL.
Currently setting up fresh site with Aspiration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Have you noticed that MagentoCommerce.com switched to NginX web server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Theme Exchange

Total Posts:  12
United States, New York

NginxHosting.com - 02 April 2010 01:05 PM

Haha, you’ve got to be kidding me right. You’re hosting Youtube and Hulu too?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MonoMachines

Total Posts:  33
New York

All we can say is that SimpleHelix took $500 of our money and refused to refund it (pre-paid plan).  Terrible, unprofessional support and unwilling to address the issues at hand.  It was 100% our fault for pre-paying and expecting a baseline level of service and support.  Anybody wanna buy our pre-paid hosting plan from us...than again, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.  I guess that $500 is a small price to pay for removing something toxic from your business.  We’ve moved on and found much better hosting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

newbieshorty

Total Posts:  57

Anyone experience with Pacifichost.com or Aspiration.com?

good or bad?

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Total Posts:  39

I’m using pacifichost VPS.

http://clorismurphy.com/

Seems normally not fast and to be very very slow for the peak hour.
I desired to migrate to another hosting, any suggestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,

You can take a look at http://www.webhost.uk.net if you are looking UK web hosting for magento.. we offer ready to use Magento servers with fully Manged services to offer best performance for your Magento store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

WebhostUK LTD - 04 August 2010 11:43 PM

Hello,

You can take a look at http://www.webhost.uk.net if you are looking UK web hosting for magento.. we offer ready to use Magento servers with fully Manged services to offer best performance for your Magento store.

For your information such self-promotion is not allowed, as per the Forum Rules.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

Theme Exchange - 04 April 2010 08:55 PM

NginxHosting.com - 02 April 2010 01:05 PM

Haha, you’ve got to be kidding me right. You’re hosting Youtube and Hulu too?

Bit of a late reply this, but oh well!

NginX is a web server like Apache. His company uses NginX. He’s not saying they host MagentoCommerce.com.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aruntechguy

Total Posts:  6

Try this :

http://www.nwinetworks.com

They got really good hosting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

Please, Magento Moderator, CLOSE or even REMOVE this thread.

This General Forum should be completely taken OUT. All Magento forums should ONLY discuss Magent and Magento related products.

There are many other external forums such as webhostingtalk.com for this and similar topics.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Total Posts:  39

finally I tried the vps + litespeed.
it really saves my life.
I highly prefer to use litespeed whatever hosting you select.
The charge is absolutely valuable.

oginome - 04 August 2010 10:24 PM

I’m using pacifichost VPS.

http://clorismurphy.com/

Seems normally not fast and to be very very slow for the peak hour.
I desired to migrate to another hosting, any suggestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

samiam32835

Total Posts:  3

I’m not sure what hosting to go with yet. But please do not, I repeat, DO NOT GO WITH SIMPLE HELIX. They were at one point the best, great speed, great customer service; but they never had great servers - they always had problems, but now it’s gotten worst.

1. They never admit that it’s their fault [this is the worst.} And the attitude - WOW - They make you feel you don’t know S**T {I swear these guys had the best cutomer service ever}
2. Problems on monthly basis
3. Speed is almost gone.
4.5.6. I can go on and on....

We always lost sales because of all the problems we had with the SIMPLEHELIX servers, but we had an advantage over the competition with the speed, and we felt good and somehow safe with the great customer service they had, I repeat again, great customer service; now I won’t even give them 0.1 on a scale of 10. But now with the speed gone overnight and they won’t try to solve it and won’t even try to solve it....

I’m done with them… They S**K

Please don’t even try them, with this economy, I really didn’t need that. I spent so much money on my business and now it’s going down, and they are the biggest part of it.

Image Attachments
simpleheilx.jpgLOST-SALES-NEW.jpgcustomer-service.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3