Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“SKU is required” error

markbaa

Total Posts:  5

Hi All

I’m trying to import some products from a CSV. I’ve got everything set up, got the fields mapped, etc, but I keep getting an error message on import, one error per line in the CSV saying:

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* SKU is required, Line: 1
* SKU is required, Line: 2
* SKU is required, Line: 3
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
* Finished profile execution.

The thing is, EVERY line has a sku, every sku is non-blank. I have tried literally every combination in the profile wizard. Am I missing something, or is this a bug? The bug database is down so couldn’t search that.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

markbaa - Can you please pm me with temp access to your admin panel.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

warren

Total Posts:  67

Hi Yoav

I get this same error, did you find a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

I am having the same issue.

Anyone have found the solution ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

markbaa

Yoav had a look and suggested the error was because my CSV was using Windows style line breaks, not unix style. However, I changed it to unix style and it’s still broken. Pretty sure this is a bug. I’ve yet to manage to import a single item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

warren

Total Posts:  67

Hi Markbaa

I have spent today testing the Import Functionality (and it is pretty flakey to be honest!) - heres hoping for some pretty big improvements

Anyway i have a solution to your problem i think.

If you are importing NEW products DO NOT give them an ID. I was giving them an ID and it gave me the SKU error. Magento will automatically give it the ID so you should leave that field blank (as well as the URL and the Images etc)

Hope this helps, but really the import functions are still buggy so i wouldn’t expect to get too far at this stage.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markbaa

Thanks, I’ll give it a try, but as you said, am not terribly optimistic. It’s a good hint though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

For the line breaks, I am using a php scripts with a \n for the line break… and I have the same problem…

I tried without any entity_id, same problem…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

anyone ? :/

Magento Community
Magento Community

cshontz

Total Posts:  91

I’m getting “SKU is required” trying to import an Excel XML. The 8 megabyte file was FTP’d to var/export. At the end of the import, it says it found the file, but for every record (5000+), it shows an “SKU is required” error in addition to some PHP warnings. No data is imported.

NoticeUndefined offset:  2 in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Parser/Xml/Excel.php on line 74
[0] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Xml_Excel
->parse(Array[0]in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Action/Abstract.php on line 226
[1] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Action_Abstract
->run() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Profile/Abstract.php on line 126
[2] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Profile_Abstract
->run() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Profile.php on line 118
[3] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Profile
->run() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Convert/Profile/Run.php on line 68
[4] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Convert_Profile_Run
->_toHtml() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553
[5] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract
->toHtml() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Convert/ProfileController.php on line 182
[6] in Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController
->runAction() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341
[7] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action
->dispatch("run"in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 141
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin
->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147
[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front
->dispatch() in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 421
[10] in Mage
::run("default"in /home/mysiteco/domains/mysite.com/public_html/index.php on line 29

Here is the action XML.

<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_io" method="load">
    <var 
name="type">file</var>
    <var 
name="path">var/export</var>
    <var 
name="filename"><![CDATA[catalog_032008.xml]]></var>
</
action>

<
action type="dataflow/convert_parser_xml_excel" method="parse">
    <var 
name="single_sheet"><![CDATA[_]]></var>
    <var 
name="fieldnames"></var>
    <var 
name="column9"><![CDATA[sku]]></var>
    <var 
name="column2"><![CDATA[short_description]]></var>
    <var 
name="column5"><![CDATA[weight]]></var>
    <var 
name="column6"><![CDATA[price]]></var>
    <var 
name="column7"><![CDATA[name]]></var>
    <var 
name="column8"><![CDATA[description]]></var>
    <var 
name="column1"><![CDATA[manufacturer]]></var>
    <var 
name="adapter">catalog/convert_adapter_product</var>
    <var 
name="method">saveRow</var>
</
action>

Update: I’m using a different Excel XML file right now with column names, and without mapping with better results. I no longer get the “SKU is required” error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Update - As of 1.0 the mapping functionality should only set the order of the columns in the SCV for importing. The custom column names doesn’t work. We should get an updated version of the Data Flow module with our next minor release.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

ngreenfield

Total Posts:  3

Hey all,

This topic was reflecting what trouble I was finding but then saw the date posted of 2008!  I’m actually a ‘normal’ person, not a php developer, so I’m attempting to use the GUI as-is rather than needing to interact at a code level.

I tried a simple 10 product, CSV import with some custom fields mapped to new attributes I created (or existing attributes where they matched) and got the same as all the errors above, pasted below:

# Skip import row, required field “sku” not defined
# Processed 100% 35/35 records
# Imported 0 records

BUMP!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community