Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘ooooooo’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)

kdbbiz

Total Posts:  1
Canada

Hello there.

I have browsed through the forum and found the other topics with this error mentioned but trying the suggestions mentioned did nothing for my state.
I have contacted my server support team to see if there is somehow something I am missing and it is not actually “localhost” as the host name.
I have installed many other ecommerce software programs such as oscommerce, cube cart, and zencart. I have the right system requirements.
I am on a Linux based server, Apache version 2.0.63, PHP version 5.2.5, and MySQL version 5.0.45-community.

Is there anything I am missing or anything I should be doing? I managed to FTP and extract all files and seemed to install ok up to the problem with the configuring and not finding the right settings somehow. The permissions have been set for the required files as the installation instructions have stated.
I wouldn’t say I am a techie, but more a techie in training. I can understand and complete things as I can learn them, but don’t necessarily set out to learn something unless I need it for what I would like to install.

Any help would be appreciated. I am supposed to be doing a review of this software for a client of mine and need the answer ASAP.

Thank you

Melanie

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community