Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Development Environment Setup with Debugging

ifuel

Total Posts:  7
New York

I’m new to Magento (and PHP!), so maybe this is easy and I just don’t know what I’m doing… but I can’t seem to get a good development environment set up.  I’ve install Zend Studio for Eclipse and set up my project and workspace.  But I can’t seem to step into any of the template files.

For example, I’d like to step into template\catalog\product\list.phtml.  Is that because this file is really getting loaded as “text” and included on the fly?  If so, what’s the normal process for debugging these kinds of pages?

Thanks!

Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

I am using PHPEd and can step through phtml file fine as long as it’s PHP code and on a clean line ie not starting with <?php ...

Regds
John

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community