Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modifying shipping estimate function to add price straight to Cart total from the ‘Get A Quote’ button action

rit01

Total Posts:  14

Hi All,

I am using only the table rates method to calculate shipping costs. So in the front end, what the customer currently sees within the Shipping Estimate function on the Shopping Cart page once they have selected their country and pressed the ‘Get A Quote button’, is just the 1 shipping cost for their country.

I would like to modify this function so that when the customer selects the ‘Get A Quote’ button, it updates the shipping cost to the cart total as it does when the customer clicks the ‘Update Total’ button.

Basically what I am trying to do is eliminate the need for the customer to click on the ‘Update Total’ button.

Please could anyone suggest how this could be achieved?.. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Rit

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community