Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Hello Themes

6thStreet

Total Posts:  35
Baltimore, Maryland

your kidding right?  please take a serious look at the insanity of your replies versus the problem and needed fixes.
None of these issues are the fault of your customers, but it’s easy to see why this thread is 6 pages long and continuing.

goodbye and riddance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gaspar Mac

Total Posts:  9
Argentina

In order to clarify what we do and how, we think that writting this explanation is the best way for better understanding.
We are a theme developer company, wich makes a big effort every day to make better the themes we sell. Our attention is focused on improving the functionality of our themes. In this way, we work very hard to help our customers to solve issues that may have been ignored before we post our themes. Because of this, we do not have the necessary time to focus on customizations (like “how do i...?”) questions. We explain this in our Support Policy, and we try to answer as much as these questions as we can, but that it is not the main service we provide.
In our site we offer support in the forum, documentations with the instructions in order to know how to install our themes, and also a video tutorial and a written tutorial with the same topic and others topics related to Magento functionality. We are willing to make a lot more tutorials with topics that our customers can propose to us. Magento is a software which provides many advantages, and it is our goal to make them achievable and easy to handle for our customers.-

Magento Community
Magento Community

DanDaMan

Total Posts:  14

Considering the price of the themes and the quality of the designs, I don’t know what everybody is complaining about. Sure they might need some tweaks and fixes but a professionally produced theme from a good developer will cost $1000 - 2000 easily and that will still probably need work also.

Never had a problem downloading or purchasing either but I can understand the frustration if you have. I think the purchasing process could be improved and I am sure Hellothemes will look into it - they want to sell the themes afterall. All in all I think they produce some of the best themes off the shelf and offer a great start to building a killer site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

d178fisher

Total Posts:  3

Wish we had seen this forum/thread before purchasing a theme from them earlier this week. Have followed the instructions for installation and it has not applied the new theme and the site now displays an error message “There has been an error processing your request”.

Logged on Hello support forum a couple of days ago and no answer yet. Having read this thread in detail it doesn’t fill me with much hope!

Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

thenashone

Total Posts:  4

d178fisher - 21 January 2011 02:53 AM

Wish we had seen this forum/thread before purchasing a theme from them earlier this week. Have followed the instructions for installation and it has not applied the new theme and the site now displays an error message “There has been an error processing your request”.

Logged on Hello support forum a couple of days ago and no answer yet. Having read this thread in detail it doesn’t fill me with much hope!

Dave

Dave you not the only one i brought a theme of them this week and posted on the forum for support, been watching the “Who’s online” to see if any admin login and seen only one so far but no updates on the forum questions.

But in my opinion they have sold 1000’s of themes and seem to be only a small team behind hello-themes so it might take a while....
maybe we should open a thread on here asking our questions maybe some one with experience might be kind enough to help us until hellothemes gets back up to speed.

but to be honest i was happy with the theme i got, but really need answers soon as i got marketing already paid for and time is running out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

d178fisher

Total Posts:  3

thenashone - 21 January 2011 11:09 AM

Dave you not the only one i brought a theme of them this week and posted on the forum for support, been watching the “Who’s online” to see if any admin login and seen only one so far but no updates on the forum questions.

But in my opinion they have sold 1000’s of themes and seem to be only a small team behind hello-themes so it might take a while....
maybe we should open a thread on here asking our questions maybe some one with experience might be kind enough to help us until hellothemes gets back up to speed.

but to be honest i was happy with the theme i got, but really need answers soon as i got marketing already paid for and time is running out.

Hi,

There does seem to be lots of unanswered posts on their forum which is not very encouraging. Also noticed they have not been on this forum for a couple of months BUT on their twitter account they seem quite happy to keep posting tweets about new themes they have developed. So it looks like they are still producing themes and selling them but offering little in the way of support.

Wish I have done my homework and done some research before I purchased from these guys. Still you live and learn and what sometimes looks too good to be true normally is.

Their themes look cracking but it’s a bit like buying a new BMW without an engine.

Anyway, I have gave in and gone to SilverThemes and so far their pre-sales support has been excellent. Even answering a query at 10pm last night!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and I hope you get your answers soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Guillermo Gallo

Total Posts:  16

Hello d178fisher and thenashone, first let us apologies if we couldn’t answer you at the time you expected, but we try everyday to give the same exellent support to all our customers. If your issue was not resolved asap, the reason is not we ignored you, it’s because 100 customers request support before you, so we have to make a list to work correctly.

Belive me, if you follow our written tutorial to set up a theme, you will not have ANY problems, we test this every day, to ensure the helpfulness of our tutorials.

Please, send us your request to support@hellothemes.com ,so we can help you to get your stores up and running!.

Kind regards.-

Magento Community
Magento Community

funprint

Total Posts:  4

Hi Everyone - we purchased a couple of themes last year from Hellothemes, 2 for 1, and have been very happy. Not to say that we haven’t had some problems, but where we haven’t found a solution on their support site, there is generally a solution somewhere by Googling the problem.

From our experience most of the problems are not necessarily caused by the templates but by something in the Magento core which needs to be copied over to the custom themes - the Wishlist problem being an example.

My suggestion is to exhaust the normal avenues for a solution before bombarding Hellothemes - try looking through the Hellothemes support forum, support documentation, Googling the content (or part) of the error from the generated report in var/reports, Magento documentation, Magento forum…

I notice a lot of the support questions are followed up by an apology because they didn’t try something to fix it themselves first, and then they found the answer.

We are currently upgrading our site and adding more store fronts, and to do this we have purchased the subscription from Hellothemes, which is fantastic value, giving us access to all their designs for a 12 month period. We won’t be using all of them, probably only 2 or 3, but this gives us the opportunity to try them out with our product range and colours etc. to see which is best for what we are trying to achieve.

Personally we haven’t had any customer service issues with the company - and their themes have really nice designs, much better than a lot that are on offer from what I can see.[/size]

Regards
Clive
www.funprint.com.au

Magento Community
Magento Community

Otisoti

Total Posts:  1

kunal247 - 22 June 2011 04:57 AM

Hi,
HelloWired - Installed this theme on 1.5.0.1 but at the final stage of order processing the Place order button is missing? 

Tried doing these changes but still has not worked. 

Tried: 
Replace the one here: 
app/design/frontend/default/hellowired/template/checkout/cart.phtml

With the one from the Modern Theme
app/design/frontend/default/modern/template/checkout/cart.phtml

also

Replace the checkout.xml file in: 
app/design/frontend/default/hellowwired/layout/checkout.xml

with the one from the default Modern theme here: 
app/design/frontend/default/modern/layout/checkout.xml

Also the Product View page has an error at the bottom of the page

Query failedTable \'khangx322.stINch_products_mapping\' doesn\'t exist...

here is the link to site - http://www.ilgs.net/slr-camera-tripod.html

Can you please help fix these issues?

i have the same problem too.. button “place order” is missing and terms and conditions don’t appear

Magento Community
Magento Community

Guillermo Gallo

Hello, we have checked this by downloading the free theme HelloWired and installing it, but we didn’t find any issues as you described above, neither in our demo site.

Surely, they are due to a wrong install of the theme, or modifications over the theme files.
Please send us an e-mail with your details to our support e-mail:  support(at)hellothemes(dot)com So we can check your theme files and configs.

Thanks and kind regards.-

--Hellothemes Support--

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Guillermo Gallo - 28 June 2011 05:56 AM

Hello, we have checked this by downloading the free theme HelloWired and installing it, but we didn’t find any issues as you described above, neither in our demo site.

Surely, they are due to a wrong install of the theme, or modifications over the theme files.
Please send us an e-mail with your details to our support e-mail:  support(at)hellothemes(dot)com So we can check your theme files and configs.

Thanks and kind regards.-

--Hellothemes Support--

Check out the following screenshots from your demo site. These are all the errors I spotted in the checkout procedure the first time around.

Image Attachments
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Guillermo Gallo

Hi, just saw this post.

kab8609, we’ve corrected those errors a long time ago.  You can check the demo site now.

Regarding the hover effect of the “Proceed to Checkout” button, sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s part of the design of the theme.

Regards.-

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

I\’m glad I found this thread. I downloaded a theme, tested and found all kinds of issues. Won\’t be buying from these guys that\’s for sure!! I suggest everyone else take a look at the errors from w3c.  Their are an extreme amount of errors if you\’re looking for a good response from Google, you won\’t get it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikete

Total Posts:  12

Hi there! I would like to tell you that I also had problems with HelloThemes time ago, but for some time (2 or 3 years) these guys have been working hard to improve their services. I had some problems with my theme customization, but they helped me quickly

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6