Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hello Themes

kulturshock

Total Posts:  29

I have tested my problem further and find that it is NOT the theme at fault but my sage pay interface. So I have reported the bug to them instead.

Regarding Hello Themes. I did ask them to quote to do some design work for me. In 48 hours so far, they have not replied. So I can assume that they are not the fastest at anything.

Purchasing the theme and getting a download link was seconds. So again good.

Their auto install did not work, BUT their instructions for manual install were very good, easy to follow and the theme installed manually problem free. To be honest I feel that they would be better to spend their time doing customer support than clever complivcated upload software that does not work.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

I had some problems which they have fixed. Their promise of replying to support posts within 24 hours worked for me. My only complaint is that the initial replies were wrong. So it dragged out. But they certainly stand by their products and support them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

type0

Total Posts:  7
California

Hello. I also just purchased the HelloWear (Developer) theme today, but did not receive my login information or link to download the template. I have sent a few emails to sales[at] but I’ve received no response.

Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

When you purchased did you not register. You choose a username and password. And you use that to log in. Failing that you use the forget password link. I guess a problem could arise if you mistyped your e-mail when you purchased. If you do get logged in then there is a download area and whatever you purchased is in there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

type0

California

@kulturshock. Thanks for the reply. I did choose a username. There was not a filed for a password. I was supposed to get that in an email, which I never got. I tried the forget password, but that didn’t work. I’m getting worried. I need this template.

I don’t think I misspelled my email because I received the Paypal confirmation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

type0

California

I just wanted to let everyone know this morning I received my login ID & Password from HelloThemes after sending them an email. I downloaded my template and manually installed it. So far so good.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thunder11

Total Posts:  12

This is funny. I actually wanted to purchase one of their themes. Now I have serious doubts. I see no difference in downloading theme from rapid for free and not getting a support and paying for the theme and not getting the support. I suggest everyone to download their themes from rapid and hope for the best as they would do if they buy it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

_bullseye_

Total Posts:  21

I did finally get a response.  I honestly think that HelloThemes is trying to do the right thing.  Sure, customer service is everything.  But small businesses are hard enough to run in a normal environment, let alone a Magento environment. 

They are doing something that most of us can’t do.  And Magento throws them a curve ball (again).  How many of you could even conceive of creating your own template?  And then having to start over when Magento changes the game.  Another thing to remember is that the Magento team is in the business of selling Premium packages.  The rest of us are just guinea pigs.

Now, i got my response.  I downloaded the supposed 1.4 compatible theme.  And then i got busy; with other things.  I’ll let you know how it goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

thunder11 - 26 March 2010 03:44 PM

This is funny. I actually wanted to purchase one of their themes. Now I have serious doubts. I see no difference in downloading theme from rapid for free and not getting a support and paying for the theme and not getting the support. I suggest everyone to download their themes from rapid and hope for the best as they would do if they buy it.

I would never advocate piracy. If you steal a theme like this, what does it tell your customers? Either purchase your theme from hellotheme or go elsewhere. If you think they will not support the theme (and they have supported me and my purchase) then choose another supplier and dont steal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thunder11

What piracy. People bought their themes and got poor customer service. I do agree that their themes are very very good and most of the people here would like to have them as a default skin for their shops, but there is the catch. On one side you , as a customer, bought one of their templates and you are getting more support from a local forum then from the people you bought the thing. Simple mathematic say you invested certain amount of money in NOTHING sice you can use the theme on a live shop (-1 for the customer and +1 for the hellothemes). On the other hand, you downloaded hellotheme from rapidshare which means +1 for you and -1 for hellothemes. Im on my side. If their customer service improve i will gladly pay for their template.  They should look on rapidshare like a motive to do something about it, not suing people but improving their customer service so that everyone would gladly pay for their template.  It is very simple actually and they have wrong perspective. Their themes look great and they are cheap and that should be their marketing strategy, to turn rapidshare downloaders into customers. Instead suing people for using their design they should make a deal with those people and make them legal customers. People like hellothemes and hate their customer service. Its just not enough to have a cool theme, very important is to know to whom you could turn to if something goes wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

You really cannot read can you. If you bothered to read my posts you would have noticed that I said I was getting support FROM THEM.. I.E customer service.

Poor customer service is a reason to NOT buy and NOT use their themes. I however have had GOOD customer service from them. Poor support is NOT an excuse for piracy. For stealing their design and using it without paying them. How would you like it if your customers always did chargebacks on you and stole your merchandise?

Magento Community
Magento Community

thunder11

You really cannot read can you. If you bothered to read my posts you would have noticed that I said I was getting support FROM THEM.. I.E customer service.

Who said I was talking to you and your experience with their customer service. If you read all the posts in this thread you would notice that you are no the only one who had problems with Hello tim.
Before you :

They have some nice looking templates but there is no telephone number, address details and live support seems to be permanently off-line

I also noticed that they were “dead” but i made a purschase for some days ago, and still not any response from them, i really hope that someone can confirm that they are “alive” - otherwise i just lost $100

bought a theme of these guys ‘hello sleek’...shame they look quite nice..though there support is totally non-existent, if you plan on needing any assistance with the theme, then i would strongly recommend that people go elsewhere.

I have been trying to have a question answered for about 1 month and have sent them 5 emails to no-avail..nothing!!!!

There one of these outfits that will answer questions prior to an order being placing, however afterwards...once they have the payment...NOTHING...NO SUPPORT...NO REPLY...NO HELP!!!!

In summary.....USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just purchased HelloTimes theme, but never received the download link nor is it available on their website.  I’ve sent multiple messages, not sure if they are on vacation or what to expect, but I’m getting concerned that I might not receive my template.  I’ve begun a claim with Pal Pal just in case.  I really liked the quality of the product, but I may have just lost $99…

More recently :

Aaron.

I purchased the theme from yourself in december and you have not received a reply or any support as it does not work with the current version of Magento.
I have emailled your support email with no solution that is nearly 2 months ago.

I have solved part of the problem but still cannot get the homepage template to work correctly with the widget.
I get error messages when I use the homepage template.
If I add the widget to the code it appears in all pages which is not correct.

If your service was given maybe people wouldn’t have given it away for free.
We feel robbed where is my value for money or support, I beleive in paying for someones hard work but dont agree with NO support when it doesn’t work.
The crazy thing about this is I have more sites to setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

LOL, poor support in the past is still no excuse for you advocating piracy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cooca

Total Posts:  37

How about poor support in the present?
I am losing my patience with these guys, I bought from them a while ago and all I want is the update for my theme.
They never answer support requests, and their login system is completely different from their previous website.

It appears they have renewed their website, but their terrible Customer Support remains the same.
I would recommend anyone who thinks of buying from them, to think again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

Poor support is of course a good reason to warn people to go elsewhere. I raised one problem on their support forum and got a replywithin 24 hours and a fix within a week. Not bad support. That said they do look over streatched and clearly need more support staff. No doubt to do this they will have to charge more. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. The hello themes are relatively cheap, and thus the support is relatively underfunded. As I only paid $79 for a complete site design I can hardly expect ongoing support and service for ever.

All I am saying is support or lack of support should never be used as an excuse for advocating piracy.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community