Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with Orders

Sean123456789

Total Posts:  5

Hi, the issue i’m having with my new Magento store, is that I seem to have everything setup ok, and I just did a couple of test orders to go through the whole process, but when I try and drill down into sales > orders then click to view one of the 2 orders, I just get taken to a blank page with no information about the order.

Can anyone help with this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Sean,
Is the page *totally* blank - no header, nothing? Or is just the ‘middle’ space blank and the header intact?
If you do a view source on the blank page what does that say?

if it’s a totally blank page, it might be worth checking your host server error logs for something.
If it’s not totally blank, it’s worth turning off the Magento cache completely, clearing the browser cache and trying again.

BTW - as this is not a uniquely ‘Australian’ problem, you may get a bigger response in one of the general forums. wink

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sean123456789

Hey Neil, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

When I try to view an order the screen goes completely blank, and the page source is empty. I’ll try and look at the hosting and see if there are any error logs, but other than that I have no idea.

I will probably post my problem in one of the general forums too, but I just thought I’d try the Aussie community one, i’ve found the main forums tend to be a bit of a labyrinth, where people answer problems by referring to another thread, which references another thread and another and so forth and I end up never find the solution, but can’t do much about that i guess. I’m used to only using the google adwords and analytics forums which are tremendous.

Thanks for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Another question Sean: is it only on the orders page this happens?
Can you view product pages, etc?

Presumably your’ve done the obvious and cleared your browser cache and the like?

This thread may be helpful:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/26682/P0/
A common theme in a couple of other threads is the php memory issues - Magento likes at least 128mb allocated in php.ini.

See where that takes you…

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sean123456789

Thanks Neil, that thread is about the exact problem i’m having, so i’ll see what develops there, i’ve tried those solutions and had the same problem like most of those folks, i’ll get in contact with my hosting company and see what they think. I think Magento was just a bad choice for my skill level, there are too many server-side issues so I’m in over my head. It seems to me from reading lots of threads that Magento just isn’t for beginners.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Cheers

Sean

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Hi Sean,
Meagnto is a bit daunting, I agree. It’s my third shopping cart/ecommerce package, but I hope it will be the last for a long while.
It’s also pretty demanding on server resources.
I was running it initially on my VPS but it was dragging down everything else. So I switched the store to a Magento-optimized host and it’s swimming along.

Anyhow, see how you go… wink

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sean123456789

yeah the memory thing seems to be the common issue with this problem and it looks like people have varying success depending on who is hosting the site, so that might be the answer if our hosting guys come back to me scratching their heads.

I contacted media temple about their grid service and magento before I got started with this, and they basically told me don’t even try!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Yeah, MT and similar shared hosting = not good for Magento!

I host the domain the store is on with Simplehelix - very speedy and optimized for Magento. $20US per month.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community