Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I went from 1.4.0.1 to 1.7.0.2 now users cannot register | URGENT HELP! 

shappyking

Total Posts:  6

I get this error in the backend when i try to edit or view a customer\\\’s account.

Fatal error: Call to a member function setRenderer() on a non-object in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Customer/Edit/Tab/Account.php on line 77

In the frontend when they try to signup, it just keep saying the fields are required but the fields all have data in them.
I checked the the system log and i see this error

2013-06-05T23:46:12+00:00 ERR (3): Recoverable Error: Argument 1 passed to Mage_Eav_Model_Attribute_Data::factory() must be an instance of Mage_Eav_Model_Attribute, instance of Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute given, called in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Block/Address/Renderer/Default.php on line 110 and defined in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Attribute/Data.php on line 59

Thank you very much in advanced for your help, i know it is not advisable, but i upgraded the live site and this error is not allow new users to signup and in the back-end i cannot edit a user account.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

readmanr

Total Posts:  29
Yorkshire, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom

How did you perform the upgrade?

I would verify the integrity of your magento 1.7.0.2 installation by downloading one of the magento-1.7.0.2 archives, and extracting this into the root of your magento installation.

If you have been using magento correctly, no core files should be modified, and this should pose no problem.
Of course always perform a backup before any changes.

Doing the above will(should) not break anything as all your custom installed themes and installed extensions will continue to exist.
your /app/etc/local.xml will not be overwritten, so all install data (database) etc will remain as is, meaning your magento install will still work as is.

The only one to take care of is your .htaccess file, for any custom modifications and redirects you may have placed in it.

After copying the main magento onto yours, you should now have a full 1.7.0.2 installation. Any issues arising now, are down to extensions, things you’ve changed, or files remaining from the old 1.4.0.1 install, these should be removed, and this can be found by using the .diff files provided on the download page, or downloading a fresh magento-1.4.0.1 and magento-1.7.0.2 and comparing the folders with the tool of your choice (I don’t recommend manually as you will be doing it for days).
Remove any old magento-1.4.0.1 files from your installation (as they are obviously not needed)

After this, you will have verified nothing is modified in the core / default files with your installation and that no magento-1.4.0.1 files could be causing conflict.
You can then perform detailed analysis on your database integrity (using the db-repair-tool etc) and hopefully work to get your issue resolved.

Hope the above helps, but if issues are caused with an upgrade, I verify the upgrade first, rather than looking at files from exception reports and system logs, these are to look at after, if the problem still persists.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webworksbd1

Total Posts:  1
Dhaka

Hello,
Seems like you have the problem with user address book.

Can you send us a screen shot for this problem?

Thanks
Mahmud

Magento Community
Magento Community

inherrero

Total Posts:  1

Have you tried to roll back?

Hoteles en Mykonos

Magento Community
Magento Community