Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Couple issues with configurable products

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

So I’m just playing around and have run into a few issues/questions/concerns:

1) If I have something with 12 options, Magento requires me to upload 12 sets of the same image....that seems redundant, and a waste of disk space.  Is there any way around this?  The pictures don’t get utilized anywhere anyway.

2) I’m having some issues getting a configurable product to work correctly.  I have 3 dropdowns setup for one configurable product:

Car Make
Car Model
Wire Color

Within there I have these options setup:

Infiniti | Nissan
G35 (Ties to Infiniti) | Altima (ties to Nissan)
Black | Blue (Both of these can work with either Altima or G35)

However on the front end, the dropdowns only show Infiniti | G35 | Black

Any ideas why this wouldn’t be working correctly?  Is this a bug?  I’ve carefully followed the knowledgebase, and tried re-doing this a few times with the same results.  I’ve attached a few screenshots as well

Image Attachments
frontend-dropdowns.gifbackend-producs.gifconfig-products.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I haven’t played much with config products, but do remember that each change, each proudct must have the store view of “English Store”, not the Default Values.  Upper left corner of most pages is a dropdown list, and you have to make changes to the “English Store” to show on the front end.  May be of some help, maybe not. smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

AnnaM - 07 March 2008 06:07 AM

I haven’t played much with config products, but do remember that each change, each proudct must have the store view of “English Store”, not the Default Values.  Upper left corner of most pages is a dropdown list, and you have to make changes to the “English Store” to show on the front end.  May be of some help, maybe not. smile.

Thanks for the response Anna.  All of the products have “English” checked as the store.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community