Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Approving customer accounts after creation / hiding prices from anonymous users - is it possible? 

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I’d like to be able to approve accounts after they are created so that the user that creates that account cannot use it to log in until they are approved. Is this possible? They should be able to create an account, but until it is verified by an administrator, they should not be able to log in.

Also, to go along with that, if a member is not logged in, I’d like to suppress the prices so no prices show up on the website until someone logs in, (hopefully with an account that has been approved as above). Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

I don’t know for sure, but I would think it could be done by making a default store show $0 for everything...but then create a separate group that you manually put people into which have the prices.

This should be the same concept behind having a group of users see your wholesale pricing.  I just haven’t done it yet, but it makes me think it can be done no problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diri

Total Posts:  48

Showing a price of $0 is wrong. Either there is a price or not. Otherwise trouble for shop owner is almost sure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I could see that as a solution. Creating wholesale and anonymous viewers for the site. But we wouldn’t want to show the price at all. Also, we’d like our users (who are known established clients) to register but have to be approved before they go in rather than us registering them. Basically, the idea is to create an ‘exclusive’ store for only approved customers. Customers can view products anonymously but not see their prices. Our ‘exclusive’ users are our clients who are retailers buying from us wholesale. So of course we don’t want the world to know our wholesale prices since they will mark it up as retailers.

Any ideas or of how this approval of accounts process would work. Or maybe is it possible to suppress prices altogether for anon users and have them show for registered users that would have to be pre-approved after registering.

Or is this something that I would have to modify the magento code to achieve?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hansoloz

Total Posts:  22
Minneapolis, MN

lucian303… I’m also looking for the functionality of approving accounts before allowing access to the store…

here’s a good start on the show/hide pricing function:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4946/

Magento Community
Magento Community

RichardX

Total Posts:  17

I’ll chip in on this one too - need to find a way for the administrator to approve (or reject) applications for a customer account as it is a ‘wholesale only’ site.

Have already applied the ‘Hide price’ module which works well (http://code.google.com/p/magentohideprice/)- now just need to work out how to restrict the customer accounts.

Any suggestions welcome as it’s going to be awkward telling the client Magento can’t do it after thinking it could!

Magento Community
Magento Community

EmJaInteractive

Total Posts:  121
Charlotte, NC USA

We got the extension for you, check it out I think you will find it fixes your problems and allows you to run a “Wholesale” type site:

http://www.emjainteractive.com/magento-extensions/customer-pre-approval-registration-create-account-with-admin-approval.html

Provide your feedback, always look to improve extensions as well!

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlosrob4

Total Posts:  67

You can hide price, product page, complete catalog and much more from group of customers like whole sellers, retailer etc by using this Magento customer groups extension
View Demo

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community