Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Having A Few Issues With Magento, Need Help! 

bizysplace

Total Posts:  1

There are a few things going on, but two issues are really driving me bananas. I’m using Magento Community (free) edition.

1. Even though we set the items to In Stock and set a set quantity, AND reset the cache and reindex, the items end up showing as Out of Stock. It’s driving me bananas because I can figure out why it keeps doing that.

2. I had to delete out the entire Magento and reinstall. I am currently using Modern (free) theme. I was trying to use Lingeries_pink but deleted it. But now there are “remnants” left over in the configuration. I don’t know if it’s conflicting with the Modern theme.

3. I cannot get the categories or products to display in the from page. People have to go to the search function to try to look for items (which come up Out of Stock).

I’ve gone through this over and over since Friday. I’m finally at my breaking point. I was thinking of just buying a theme and starting from scratch. but I’m afraid I might end up with the same problems.

HELP! and THANKS.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

bizysplace - 04 June 2013 05:01 PM

There are a few things going on, but two issues are really driving me bananas. I’m using Magento Community (free) edition.

1. Even though we set the items to In Stock and set a set quantity, AND reset the cache and reindex, the items end up showing as Out of Stock. It’s driving me bananas because I can figure out why it keeps doing that.

Please send a screenshot from the stock - section in the product configuration where you set the “is in stock” and stock qty.

2. I had to delete out the entire Magento and reinstall. I am currently using Modern (free) theme. I was trying to use Lingeries_pink but deleted it. But now there are “remnants” left over in the configuration. I don’t know if it’s conflicting with the Modern theme.

I don`t know too.

3. I cannot get the categories or products to display in the from page. People have to go to the search function to try to look for items (which come up Out of Stock).

No categories are displayed in the frontend? Then check if you`re categories are as a child from the default root categorie and NOT on the same level. They have to be childs.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community