Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different callout boxes (block_id) for different pages

rjckicks1

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

Not sure where I should post this so am posting in programming also.

What I want to do is have different callout boxes appear for different pages.  Like a different callout box for homepage, for product listing page, and for the actual product page.  Can someone point me in the direction for this?  I’m curious how hard this would be, and am thinking it should be quite simple if I just knew what code to use.  Currently I have a callout box setup in the left hand side and footer of my website.  Website URL is http://www.ecohandy.co.uk , so you can have a look at the current setup.  Currently I have it setup so it just calls to a static page and that’s where I can enter the images/text, so I’m guessing I need to have that code changed to “if this page then display this, if this page then display this” etc?  So that it shows block_id “XX” on one page and block_id “XX” on another page.  Here’s the current code in my catalog.xml file calling the left hand side callout box -

<reference name="left">
     <
block type="core/template" before="cart_sidebar" name="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml"/>
      <
block type="cms/block" name="left.permanent.callout">
          <
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>left_column_block</block_id></action>
      </
block>
  </
reference>

I’d greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Riley

Magento Community Magento Community