Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display Bundle product on search results when a bundled items matches a search. 

chrispix

Total Posts:  20

Hi,

I have configured a store in which I only sell bundles. All my bundles are visible and all my simple products that are parts of the bundles have a visibility sets to “Nowhere”. What I wanted to do is to allow the customer to research on simple products attributes and display bundles that they are part of.

Here is an example:

If my “product 1” can be part of the “Bundle 1”, how can I display the “Bundle 1” product on search result if “product 1” matches the search?

If anyone allready did it or have an idea where to look in the code, it would be great.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Have you tried adding the text of Product 1 in the description of Bundle 1?

Once you do, rebuild your search index.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrispix

Total Posts:  20

The problem is that for example, if I want to display the bundle that contains Product 1 on a search concerning a Product 1 attribute, I can’t figure out how to do it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community