Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mangento Connect Manager not working… HELP!!! 

Corporate007

Total Posts:  14

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can help me here…

I have gone and made all my folds read/write (777) to allow the Magento Connect Manager to operate like it is suppose to, BUT I keep getting the following error:

---------------------------
Check Write Permissions
Error: Please check for sufficient write file permissions
Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions, which this web based downloader requires.

If you wish to proceed downloading Magento packages online, please set all Magento folders to have writable permission for the web server user (example: apache) and press the “Refresh” button to try again.

Refresh

To learn more about setting write permissions, please visit the Magento community site for further details.
------------------------------

I was hoping some can tell me if I missed something to allow write permissions.. I checked all my folder and the are write allowable..

Cheers
Corporate007
?;-p

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Is your hosting provider’s server running suPHP/suEXEC? If so you should have all files set to 644 and directories set to 755. 777 is a security risk and is not needed anywhere under suPHP/suEXEC environment.  Your best bet is to check this with your hosting provider to see what they say about this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Corporate007

Total Posts:  14

Will do..

Thanks for the heads up..

Cheers
Corporate007
?;-p

Magento Community