Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fail to Log In Admin Panel

iflower

Total Posts:  7

I downloaded Magento 1.7.0.2 and Sample Data 1.6.1.0.  After complete installation, I viewed the frontend perfectly matched what it should be.  However, when I went to backend, I cannot log in Admin Panel.  It was no response although I entered correct username and password.

I tried many times (including reinstallation of whole package), I still failed.

How can I solve this problem?  Please advise.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

What would be the URL to the site? Local or hosted? Did you set a cookie domain yet? Since you mentioned this is just core code with sample data, I doubt the link above will help you in anyway. Most likely this is either a server issue or something failed in the database setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iflower

I installed a site on localhost for testing and training.

I agree that I should not edit any core code when I build the site on a premium webhost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iflower

I open the Varien.php file, I find the scripts are different from what have mentioned in the recommended link.

What should I do?  Do you have any further choice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Please, read the information using the link: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/installing-the-sample-data-for-magento

Was the order of your actions the same? At first you need to import Sample Data and only after this you should continue the installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iflower

The demo site was installed completely and successfully on localhost.  The problem is I cannot log in admin panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Cleveland

Do you see anything in your error logs (not Magentos log, but your actual servers logs)?

Can you explain your local server setup in more detail?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iflower

I am a first-time user.  May I ask how can I view the server log?  Apache access log, error log?  MySQL error log?  I find them in XAMPP panel.

However, this forum does not allow me to cut and paste the text here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Cleveland

There should be some in your magento root in the /var/log file (if those are enabled).

If you cant post your logs on the forum, just post it in here http://pastebin.com/ and send the link.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community