Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products not showing up after a database import

supergper

Total Posts:  34

I just moved servers and followed the directions here (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server) and everything seemed to work fine, until I check for my products and nothing is there.  I can see everything on my backend, and when I go to each category in my frontend I can see how many products are supposed to be there, but nothing shows.  Even if I go directly the the url of a product, it pulls up like it’s there but it’s completely blank with no text or images.

I’ve tried clearing caches (both through the admin cp and by deleting everything in var/cache), I’ve tried editing a product and re-saving it, I’ve tried to add a new product and everything results in the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

While I’ve never had this problem, one suggestion that comes up regularly is that imported products are not automatically assigned to a store.
So even if you only have one store, you may still need to do that. eg: change “store” from “admin” to “default”.

This thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4732/ talks about this and a lot more.

Hope that helps…

Magento Community
Magento Community

supergper

In my searches I had come across that suggestion as well so I went in and already checked that, it’s correct.  I also tried to go in a save products (like they said worked in that thread you linked) to no avail.  You can see an example of what I’m working with here (http://www.geekpaintball.com), you can see that the front end recognizes there’s product in the db (it shows there are xx number of items in a category), it just won’t display the items.

Magento Community
Magento Community

supergper

OK, I fixed the issue.  I re-installed and rather than following the wiki article, I did a complete re-install, copied my skins and themes over, did a database import, and copied the media folder over.  Everything is correct now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Glad you have it working - but a bummer that it took all that to do it :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community